Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snow, Snow, and more Snow!

About a week and a half ago we headed up to Island Park to see my parents. They don't have as much snow as they have had other years, but it is still a beautiful winter wonderland. Jim and Kris came up the same weekend so the kids had some cousins to play with and plenty of sledding and snowmobiling to do. Lynn, my dad, and Jim all went snowmobiling in the morning while we took the kids sledding. When they got back, the rest of us did a little snowmobiling with the kids and then some warming up by the cozy fire. It was a quick trip, but as always, a lot of fun. I know I take way too many pictures, but Lynn's dad let me borrow his nice camera lense so I was having a lot of fun with some close ups.
There were swans all over on the river by my parents cabin.
Our puppy, Sketch was amazingly good while we were up there and has been better since we got home. Lynn and I are wondering if my parents dog, Sage, was able to talk to him a bit and tell him he needs to settle down.... I wish.
James, Claire and Madi all taking a break from sledding.
Grandma even joined in on some sledding fun.
Claire enjoying the hill.
I took quite a few shots trying to get a swan in flight, they fly really fast, but finally I got a winner.
Parker eating some snow.
At some point, while we were sledding, both of my kids had a cousin pulling them up the hill. I guess we need to work on some manners. Sorry James and Audrey. You guys were troopers.
Madi got her birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa while we were up there and I think she is now asking me daily when we can go fishing. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa, she loves it!!
The kids also got some Valentine's from the grandparents. They were a nice treat for the long ride home.
We stopped to see Grandma Helen on the way home and the kids gave her some Valentine's. She looked really good and was glad to go on a little walk with us.
We also stopped over in Victor to see the kids new little cousin at Aunt Sharon and Uncle Lohn's house. He was born on February 3rd so he was only 5 days old when we saw him. I have forgotten how small newborn babies really are. His name is Sylas Reed and the kids seemed to love him. Madi keeps asking me when we are going to have our own baby. Who knows....

No comments: