Monday, July 13, 2009

Benji = Tears

Today was a bad mom day. I had rented the movie Benji from the library for the kids to watch because I remember it being one of my favorite movies as a kid. The movie started and I went into the office to get a little work done while the kids were occupied. About half way through I asked them how they were doing and Parker broke into tears. He said, while sobbing "Mom, you didn't tell me this was a sad movie." I was heart broken for the pore kid. So I sat with them and asked why it was so sad and he told me how Benji was lost and his owners couldn't find him. He kept seeing his owners, but he couldn't talk to tell them where he was. It was so sad to see how worked up he was about it. I guess we won't be renting Where the Red Fern Grows or Old Yeller anytime soon.

No comments: