Saturday, June 13, 2009

Girls Camp

Oh what fun! Now that I am in Young Women's, I had the opportunity to attend girls camp this year. I haven't been to girls camp since I was a young woman myself so needless to say it has been a long time and it really made me appreciate all the wonderful leaders I had growing up. This year was a very interesting experience. It was stake camp so very busy, but to top it all off, it rained pretty much the whole time. It was nice and sunny when we got there and set up camp and it was nice and sunny when we were leaving, but other than that it rained off and on the rest of the time. After the first night we had 2 girls tents flood, and they cancelled the hike, but luckily we had two men from the ward, who had come up for the hike, end up heading home and rescuing us by bringing up a new tent and some dry sleeping bags. It was wonderful. The girls all did a great job and were very positive and up beat the whole time considering the situation. Some of the wards ended up going home to sleep and just came up during the day, but our girls were troopers and endured through it and definitely had a memorable experience.

No comments: