Friday, June 26, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

Today we had the opportunity to take our kids to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House with the Christensen family. A new temple that has been built in South Jordan. The kids were really excited to be able to go into a temple. They both said that the baptismal font was their favorite part, however Madi really seemed to like the mirrors in the sealing room as well (she couldn't stop looking at herself in them). I also think Madi may have thought this was just another home in the Parade of Homes. She had come to the Parade of Homes with my friend Julie and I just a couple of days before this and she kept walking around telling me she wanted to go upstairs or downstairs now just like she had done during the Parade. Hope we didn't confuse her too bad. Parker, Caled, Keely, Madilyn and Annie
Yes, I know I am looking very pregnant in this picture. Hopefully it was just the angle of the pic.
Val, Keely, Lannis, Annie and Caleb
At the end of the day, I asked Madi what her favorite part of the day was and she said "Eating the cookies at the temple." and Parker just asked me "Why do they build the temples so tall?" Hopefully they will remember some of the experience and remember the nice feeling inside. I hope they will always have the goal to go to the temple once they are old enough and that we can raise them to be worthy enough to enter.
On the way home we drove through a down pour lightening storm. It was a lot of fun to watch.

No comments: