Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve

The morning of Christmas Eve began with one of favorite traditions. Bowling with the family! Todd and Mick and my parents were still in town so we were all able to go bowling together. However, we missed having Jim and Kris and the kids there. Of course there was a little competition going on for the best score as a couple and Todd and Mick ended up as the winners. Apparently Todd had a lot of practice bowling during his college days at SUU :) At least that is what we will blame it on. It couldn't be because of all the gutter balls I had.
Madi lining up her ball.
Parker after his first strike!!!
Parker lending a hand.
All of the bowling cousins... Madi, Isabelle, Pace, Briggs, Lillian, Parker, Myles and Jaygen
The rest of the day was very nice and relaxing. Lynn and I both did some separate shopping trips for some last minute things and the kids just played. Then we baked and frosted cookies for Santa. A few ended up with a pile of beautiful candy decorations and the kids were positive those would be Santa's favorites!
The cookies and chocolate milk for Santa. We also left some reindeer food and carrots on the front porch for Rudolph and clan.
After the kids opened one present from us and were all ready for bed, we did one of my favorite traditions of all...Lynn read the story of Christ's birth from the Bible. Each year when we do this tradition, I always think of my Grandpa Mullen and the times they would spend Christmas Eve at our house. I remember Grandpa reading the story of Christ's birth from the Bible as well, and then we would look out the window to try and find the brightest star in the sky. Oh, the memories....
I love the spirit of Christmas and the joy it brings each year. It is always such a stressful time with all the preparation, parties, shopping and such, however I love the feeling of peace I get each time we are reminded of the true meaning of Christmas and the greatest gift we ever received. I love my savior and am so grateful for the spirit He brings into my life. I hope my children will always know of my love for Jesus and strive to have a relationship with Him as well.

No comments: