Friday, September 10, 2010

Pet Grasshopper

The other day Parker and Madilyn were outside splashing in the puddles and making mud pies.  Next thing I knew they were in the house with a grasshopper they had caught and were wanting to keep as a pet.  Madi determined it was a girl and named it Belle, but Parker wasn't so sure so he named it Grassy.  We found a container for it and they proceeded to find rocks, leaves and sticks to place in the jar with it.  Belle/Grassy was allowed to be our pet for a few days, but then I told the kids it was time to let it go outside.  However, before they could let it go, they carried it to each room in our house so that it would know what our house looked like (it was really cute listening in because they were even explaining all the rooms to the grasshopper).  Then they had to get their pictures taken with their beloved pet...

Then the poor grasshopper had the fun experience of enjoying the kids Ninja moves.

Ba-Bye Belle/Grassy I am sure you will enjoy your freedom outdoors!

1 comment:

Dania said...

That was so sweet of the kids,but I know they need their freedom for the short time they have with us.I,like the kids would love to bring my little friend inside,but I have no idea on how to keep it indoors for a couple of weeks?Love your story,it was adorable.

Dania.. Wallingford,Ct