Friday, August 21, 2009

Swimming in the Last Days of Summer

Lannis and I took our kids to the Aquatic Center today probably for our last time of the summer. It was the perfect day to go since most of the valley started school yesterday there weren't too many people there. Sorry for all the pictures, once again, but I realized I had never taken my camera to the pool this summer so I guess I was catching up.
Madi noticed me taking pictures and immediately starting posing for me.
Also, Parker rode down the big steep slide today for the first time! He had told me earlier that he was now tall enough to ride on it, but wasn't sure he wanted to yet. I told him to let me know if he did so that I could watch him. Well, a little later him and Caleb come back and are sitting there talking about how Parker rode down the steep slide. I was shocked! That slide even makes me nervous, I couldn't believe he went through with it. So I ran to get my camera and he rode down it a few more times. Then he said it kept scraping his back so he didn't want to ride it again and sure enough, that night there was a nice bruise in the middle of his back. I was so proud of him and excited that he rode it, I can't believe how much he is growing up. Today he even asked his dad "How come that slide scares you even though I'm younger than you?" Seriously, these kids really do grow up way too fast.
Madi and Annie playing with the beach ball.

No comments: