Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One Year Older and Wiser Too!

We are now the proud parents of a 7 year old. I think I say this every year, but I can't believe 7 years have passed already. Parker's birthday celebration started a week early when my parent were down for a quick visit. We went to Kevin and Candace's for Sunday dinner and then celebrated my Mom's birthday and Parker's birthday. My parents gave Parker a new basketball and he has absolutely loved it. In fact the night after he got it, Lynn and Parker were shooting a few hoops and then Parker came in and told me that he needed to get to bed so that he could do his basketball homework the minute he got home from school the next day. Well, the next day I was busy canning peaches with Peggy and at about 2:50 I was wondering where Parker was because he usually gets home at about 2:40. I hurry and get my shoes on to go look for him and there he was in the driveway doing his basketball homework. Even though it was really cute, I told him next time he needs to at least come and tell me he was home. Parker's birthday landed on a Sunday this year and we decided last year that we were only going to do friend parties every other year so it was nice to have a small get together with Lynn's parents and Kevin and Candace the day of his birthday. He woke up very excited that it was his day and made the request that we all call him "Birthday Boy" the whole day. Parker wanted a Lego cake this year, but didn't want to have marshmallows as the little nobs on the top so I got brave and decided to give rolled fondant a try. I was amazed at how easy it was to use and I love the bright colors that worked great for the Lego's.

We have being doing quite a bit of golf lately and Parker has decided that he can hit Nike balls the very best so Lynn wanted to get him his own box of Nike balls. Go Tiger!

And of course more Lego's. He is still a huge fan and plays with them practically every day. I've become a big fan myself.

Thanks to everyone that made this such a special day for our boy. Parker is such a great kid, he is always so truly caring about others. As Grandpa Dahle says he has a tender heart. He makes friends easily and is such a good big brother to Madilyn. His favorite things are Mac & Cheese, Lego's, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, spending time with his family, golf, basketball, fishing, playing the Wii and pretty much any sport. We are so glad we've had the opportunity to have him in our family and look forward to many more years.

2 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

Thats a great cake! I have heard of that frosting. Did you make it or buy it?

Carley said...

Happy Birthday Parker! Looks like it was SO much fun...what an awesome cake!!! We need to have you and Carson have a basketball match up....he would LOVE that:)