Sunday, September 13, 2009

Raptor's Game Again

Thanks to a friend of Lynn's, we scored some tickets to one of the last Raptor's games in Ogden. Carley, Grayson and their kids were able to meet us there and we all had a fun time watching the game. It was especially entertaining watching Carson get so involved in the game. He was really upset when the Raptor's ended up losing. However, the game was a little dangerous. When we first arrived, there was a gentleman sitting in our section that had just gotten hit right in the face by a foul ball. It looked pretty awful and they were just waiting for the Doctor's to get there to help him. Then after we sat down, part of a broken bat went flying into the stands (a section over from ours) and hit a lady walking to her seat. She didn't seem to get hurt too bad, but it made us a little jumpy each time a ball was hit. Luckily the Ogden Police Department was giving away free bike helmets to the kids that night so our kids had a little protection for a while. :) We had a great time at the game and as always it was fun to see Carley and catch up with her and get filled up on the delicious garlic fries. Madilyn, Parker, Carson and Alivia - it is very difficult to get 4 kids to look at the camera. Carley is due about 5 weeks after me. It was fun to be able to compare pregnancy woes and of course we had to get a picture. We are really excited because Carley and I have literally been friends since we were babies. Our families were neighbors and Carley was born on my due date of May 5th and then I was born 16 days later on May 21st. We even have a picture of our moms holding us as newborn babies. We played together as kids and then when her family moved out of state, we were great pen pals. Then our senior year in high school she moved back to Newton and we finished off our last year of school together. We have always been close and were even roommates for a year and a half before we both got married. She is a great friend and will always be my BFF.

3 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

Are you going to go 11 days over just like your mom did with you? You really look great for being 9 months pregnant, good luck over the next few days, I am sure it will happen soon.

Carley said...

I don't know where I have been, but I have been waiting for this post....and missed it somehow....anyways....you are getting SO close! Keep me updated...thanks SO much for inviting us to the game...it was a lot of fun and I am just glad that we all made it out of there in one piece:)

Carley said...

Hey I tried to snag these pics from your post, but I must be computer illeterate....can you e-mail me the pics of me and you and our kids together?!:)