Monday, November 8, 2010

10 Years!

Ten years ago I married my best friend and ten years later he is still my best friend and so much more.  Lynn, you are a great husband and father and I am so glad we have eternity to be together! 

I'm not very good at all the sappy stuff, but at least Lynn knows how I feel about him and that's all that matters.  Our anniversary was on a Tuesday this year and we literally didn't do anything to celebrate, mostly because we were leaving for Las Vegas the next day, but also because I had to go to mutual so I was gone pretty much the whole night.

Spending our anniversary in Vegas was a lot of fun.  It really brought back quite a few memories of our honeymoon.  In case you haven't heard the story, 10 years ago for part of our honeymoon (the first part was spent in Island Park, Yellowstone and Jackson Hole), we went to Las Vegas with Lynn's parents so that Lynn and his dad could go to a trade show while we were there.  And as if going on part of your honeymoon with your in-laws wasn't bad enough, we also got to the airport and had no luggage!  Yep, we had left our suitcase sitting by the front door of our trailer house (yes, the first 8 months of our marriage we totally lived it up in a trailer court in Smithfield, but that is another story in and of itself).  Luckily we remembered our luggage this year.

Vegas is quite the city.  We have been going there once a year for the last 10 years and have decided that there really isn't that much to do there unless you have a ton of money, gamble or drink.  However, we still had a great time.  We went and saw the pawn store that is on the TLC show called Pawn Stars, I even got my picture with Chumlee!  We had some great dinners and some incredible restaurants.  Went to the Cirque du Soleil show KA.  Went to the trade show and shopping at the outlets.  And finally on the last day, we drove to the Vegas temple, just to see where it was located.  It was a very nice and relaxing trip thanks to Lynn's parents, Kevin and Candace and Julie for all watching our kids while we were gone.

The Pawn Shop - just in case you couldn't tell. :)

Chumlee and I and yes he is pretty much as greasy in real life as he looks on the show.

Been going for 10 years and I still love the glass flowers on the ceiling in the Bellagio.

Awesome clouds and view of Vegas from our hotel window. 

Another favorite of our is to just sit and people watch in St. Mark's Square in the Venetian

Isn't he a stud!

Vegas Temple


Thanks babe, for the best 10 years of my life.  You make me laugh every day and I couldn't live without you!

2 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

I am SO jealous that you got to go to the Pawn Stars shop! Lohn and I have watched every episode, we love that show. And I am jealous you got a picture with CHUMLEY!!!! Wow. And why don't I remember you living in a trailer home??? Seriously, are you sure? ;)

Carley said...

Awwww...congrats guys! Isn't that CRAZY that we have both been married for TEN years?! We are old married women now...haha...I totally remember your trailer...and there is nothing wrong with that....We lived in Grayson's parent's basement for our first TWO years....when you are just starting out, that is just how it goes a lot of times! I didn't remember that you went to Vegas for your honeymoon too...we were there for 1/2 of ours and met up with the parents for dinner one night....ya....can we say "AWKWARD?!" Anyways, congrats! You guys make such a great couple and you have a beautiful family....here is to many, many more happy years!!!