Saturday, November 6, 2010

What Was He Thinking?

I'm really beginning to wonder what our Bishop was thinking when he decided to give me the call.  Today I was sustained as Young Women's President in our ward.  Lynn had done a good job convincing me that there was no way the Young Women's Presidency would be changing anytime soon because the Relief Society, Young Men's and Primary presidency's all needed to be redone first.  So imagine my surprise when the bishop called us in and asked ME, of all people, to be the next YW President.  I think my jaw hit the floor and tears immediately came to my eyes and I couldn't find a single thing to say.  I'm feeling very humbled, scared, overwhelmed, excited and about a thousand other things right now. 


We have some fantastic young women in our ward.  I am always amazed by their faith, strength and the spirits they posses.  For the past two years they have been lead by a terrific president and leaders and I know they love them very much.  They have definitely left hard shoes to fill. 


Ever since I received the call, I have been praying hard and have already had some pretty neat things happen.  I am truly blessed and I know the Lord will be there to help me.  I have some great counselors and a great secretary called and I love their excitement about the young women and I know this will be a great experience for all of us.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Sharon McKee said...

Thats awesome! You will do great! (but I am glad I am not you) ;)