Friday, November 5, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over....

Wow!  That is about all I can say.  I am so full of emotions right now and never imagined what a huge step this would be and the effect it would have on me.  Parker got baptized today!  We are so proud of his decision and excited that he is now a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  We are so blessed.  It was a great day filled with happiness, family, friends, food and fun!

One of the funnest things about the whole event was that Parker's cousin Audrey was also baptized on the same day.  It was Audrey's birthday as well and Parker and Audrey both thought that was pretty darn cool.  They were blessed on the same day and now baptized on the same day... how lucky are they! 


Isn't he handsome!

Madilyn and Parker

The Proud Parents


Parker and his two Grandpas!  What great examples to follow.

The two lucky kids - Parker and Audrey.

Jim, Kris, Spencer, Audrey, James and Claire

The proud Grandparents!

Parker with Grandpa and Grandma Mullen

Don't they look handsome?
Lynn said that right when Parker came out of the water, the first thing he said was "I want to do it again!".
Then the night before Parker's baptism, I sat down with him on his bed and told him about my baptism.  I still remember my Grandpa Ohlwiler telling me to pay special attention because when I get confirmed and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost it will feel like fire going through my body and that is what the spirit feels like.  I shared this story with Parker and told him to also pay attention to what he feels like.  As we were walking out of the church, he said to me "Mom, it did feel like fire!"


Friends and cousins enjoying their food.  Madi, Jude, Parker, Claire, Audrey and Ewan

Myles discovered his nose holes today.  He was having quite the fun time.
We didn't actually get a picture of the finger up his nose, but this was close enough.

Thanks to all our family and friends who supported us on this day!

Corwin and Karen catching some Zzzzzz's.

The birthday girl - Audrey!

Parker opening some baptism gifts.

Grandpa Dahle had a nasty fall off the porch the night before the baptism
and he had a great fat lip and stitches to show for it. 
One of my favorite things that Parker said to me on his baptism day was the following:
Parker: "Do you want to know what my favorite gift was?"
Me: "Sure, what was it?"
Parker: "My scriptures (insert pause), no wait, my favorite gift was the Holy Ghost and then my scriptures."

This about brought tears to my eyes and after thinking about it even more I have realized that I hope he always feels that way.  The Holy Ghost is one of the greatest gifts we can ever be given and we should treat it as such.  I know he has helped me countless times throughout my life and will continue to do so.  Parker, I hope you always remember this day and always live your life worthily so that you can have the Holy Ghost with you at all times.  You are such a good kid and always have had such a tender heart and care about other people.  We are so proud of you and excited for you on your baptism day!

4 comments:

Carley said...

Wow...LOVE all of your posts! That is SO awesome that Parker is baptized and really knows and understands what that means! It is hard to believe that we will be there with Carson soon! Myles is SO cute! I LOVE his pig cake! I miss you!

Sharon McKee said...

Tamsyn got baptized and blessed with her cousin too. It makes the day more special for them. Cool story about Parker and the holy Ghost.

Michelle said...

We felt so bad that we missed this big day for Parker and Audrey but it looks like it was really special. Oh, and I love Myles' bib! :)

The Dahle's said...

Mick: I know isn't his bib great? I can't find that type of bib any more and it is my favorite so he is using Madi's now. Poor kid!