Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween is Finally Here

I know I am way behind considering I should be posting Christmas pictures right now, but please bear with me. I'm getting there. Last Spring Parker declared that he had figured out what they should be for Halloween. He wanted to be Luke Skywalker, Madi needed to be Princess Leia and the baby would be Yoda. It took a little bit of convincing to get Madi to be Leia, but I thought it sounded like a great idea and I immediately started looking for costumes. I bought the Yoda costume for Myles in about June and then decided to make Parker and Madi's costumes. I was determined to get them done before the baby was born, but of course I never accomplished this and ended up doing them about a week before Halloween. Luckily they weren't too difficult and I think they looked great! Halloween was on a Saturday this year, but we still did our annual Trick-or-Treating in downtown Logan with the Johnson's and Candace, Lillian and Isabelle were able to join us this year. There were a ton of people, but the kids still had fun and got plenty of candy. Weston, Lexi, Madi, Garrett, Parker, Porter, Isabelle and Lillian
That evening we went to a few houses in the neighborhood and ate cookies and hot chocolate around the fire at our neighbor's house which has also turned into an annual tradition. Even though I had to do Princess Leia hair about 5 times this week and had to try and get a light saber to stay attached to a belt about 20 times I Still Love Halloween!!

1 comment:

Carley said...

So cute...I need to be creative and try to make costumes...yeah, right...I am about as non-crafty as they come, but you know that!!! Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween...I am hoping that ours will be fun like that next year!