Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

Yes, I know I'm a little behind, but I'm really trying to get caught up so that I can print out this blog, so please bear with me. Once again, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We spent Thanksgiving day with Lynn's family (I don't know why I don't have any pictures, but we ate a lot). That evening, we headed up to Island Park to spend the rest of the weekend with my family. Jim and Kris came up on Saturday morning and unfortunately Kevin and Candace weren't able to make it due to sick kids. This is the outfit Parker made at school for their Thanksgiving Feast. Isn't he a handsome Indian?! Friday afternoon we went ice fishing on Henry's Lake and Parker caught his first fish all on his own. He was so excited and ended up being the only one that landed a fish the whole weekend. The proud littler fisherman. He now claims that the only fish he likes to eat is Henry's Lake fish, because it is soooooo good. The kids were so fascinated by the eggs that came out of the fish and kept telling me I needed to get a picture of them, so here ya go! Myles is buried in that blanket somewhere. Madi was a great ice scooper and spent most of her time doing that. Apparently I had one on, but didn't realize it and set my pole down for a minute to attend to Myles. Needless to say, that one got away. Parker and Grandpa waiting for the big one! It was pretty cold so Myles didn't see much of the event, but Grandma didn't seem to mind cuddling with him. The cutest little helpers pulling all the equipment. After the ice fishing, we headed up to West to see an IMax movie on bears and got back to my parents place for a relaxing evening and a game of rummy. The big family tradition in my family during the holidays and anytime we are together is to play rummy for the dishes. The loser gets to do all the dishes or if there are a lot of dishes the two losers get to do them. It is a nice fair way to get the duty done and we always have a lot of fun in the process. We also like to start them very young. Luckily, Myles got away without doing them this trip. Myles is now almost 2 months old. What a cutie! Jim and Kris joined us Saturday morning and Lynn took the kids along with their family to do some more ice fishing. Unfortunately no one caught anything, but the kids had fun doing some sledding by the lake. Later that afternoon, we headed down to my Aunt Sherry and Uncle Mark's house in Marysville for our second round of Thanksgiving dinner. Once again it was delicious and as always we all ate too much, but we had a great time. Here is the whole group playing rummy for the dished. I think Uncle Mark and James were the lucky ones that got to do them.
Myles and grandpa having a little discussion. Grandma Helen even got to join us for dinner and the game of rummy. Even though she is almost 93, we can't let her miss the chance to get her hands wet.All the great-grandchildren. Parker, Spencer, James, Audrey, Claire, Grandma, Myles and Madi. Grandma Helen with her 26th great grandchild. What a great posterity her and grandpa created! I love Thanksgiving and the chance it gives me to reflect on all that I am grateful for. I am so blessed with a wonderful husband and terrific, beautiful children. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life and the guidance it gives me each and every day. I am also so thankful for the free country we live in and for the men and women who serve and sacrifice to defend our country. I truly am so blessed!

No comments: